Saturday, December 19, 2009

Not being very adventurous today. I'm stuck at Norfolk Naval Station waiting for my plane to Afghanistan to fly out. I've got a nice room here, but the weather sucks. It is not snowing, though just a bit north they have about a foot, I'm told. It is just windy, rainy and cold here. There is also a good chance we won't fly out as planned as we are waiting for some army troops to arrive who will also be flying with us and who have yet to arrive because of the weather. Not surprised. I was told to be flexible. I honestly don't mind another night under the nice, warm, soft, down comforter on my full bed.

Alright back to knitting, endless sappy Christmas movies and email.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are stuck without the snow. And, yes, we do have over a foot of it here and it isn't done yet. Enjoy your movies and knitting. Jeff put a fire in the fireplace and I made Potica bread. We are pretty cozy here ourselves. Love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I think my cousin Andy is in Norfolk. He is on the USS George HW. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete