Monday, February 1, 2010

Sweet Surprises






I love getting mail. This is not a plea for mail, but just to describe that getting a package when we check the mail for the outpatient clinic at 12:30 during our lunch break makes the day a little more exciting. Who got what in the mail? Who got the 2 big packages of oreos or Hershey bars or family pictures to hang up? I absolutely love collecting the mail from the mailroom and handing it out. I feel like Santa. Anyway, I got this package today, a small square box, from a return address I didn't recognize. I didn't recognize the name either. We're kind of trained to be a little cautious about packages we don't recognize, but it was from the city where my mother works and seemed quite harmless. I opened it to find a perfect little care package from a co-worker of my mother's. What a very wonderful surprise! I think I showed it to everyone in the clinic. The socks are totally out of regs, but no one in the office cares and I'll wear them until someone dares call me on it. I'm such a sock person! Thanks Judy.

4 comments:

  1. Sally, I was glad to see that you got my package. The socks don't exactly match but they do add some needed color. Enjoy! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally,
    Those are great socks! Hope they keep you cozy and warm. Thanks for posting the pictures. Your fellow soldiers look very friendly.
    PS Caitlin & I saw the Lion King on Broadway in New York. If you get a few days here before heading back to Japan, would you like to go? We could take the train and see a show. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete